Part Time Showroom Sales Associate
Looking for a jewelry lover to work alongside our team in the Marilyn Brogan Jewelry Apalachicola showroom. We're looking to fill this position as soon as possible as our busy holiday season approaches. Could you be the perfect fit?
Who We Are
Marilyn Brogan Jewelry is a small, woman-owned business committed to an environmentally friendly, sustainable and ethical approach to fine jewelry. We value equality and strive to create an inclusive environment that fosters open communication, healthy relationships, and personal growth.
We’re located in historic Apalachicola, FL, on the Gulf Coast minutes away from the sugar sand beaches of Saint George Island. We value the small town charm of Apalachicola and the tourism that helps sustain small businesses such as ours.
- 5+ years experience in sales preferred.
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role preferred.
- 2+ years experience within the jewelry industry preferred.
- A passion for ethical and sustainable manufacturing.
- Basic gemstone and diamond knowledge. GIA certification is a plus.
- Substantial fine jewelry knowledge; familiarity with jewelry manufacturing process is a plus.
- Experience in custom jewelry design and sales.
- Based in the Apalachicola, FL area or a willingness to relocate.
- Effective and confident communication skills in email and in person.
- Experience with visual product merchandising.
- Weekend availability.
- Independent, motivated, and well-organized.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Google Sheets a must.
- Proficient in social media applications and basic photography.
- Familiar with Shopify ecommerce platform a plus.
- Background in art, design, or jewelry a plus.
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to manage a varied workload, work well independently and under supervision.
- Knowing the MBJ Brand Story, sharing with clientele.
- Assist clients with MBJ stone education, ring settings, metals, how to size a ring, returns and resizes policies.
- Provide impeccable customer service especially for complex customer needs.
- Assistance with training new staff in effective sales and communication strategies as needed.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of our collections, pricing, and ethical standards.
- Maintain inventory databases.
- Meet and track progress towards sales goals.
- Manage and maintain showroom visual merchandise displays.
- Requires work involving: standing, sitting, talking, or hearing. Walking, gripping or feeling with hands, reaching with hands and arms.
- Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 30 lbs. Able to stand for long periods and/or be mobile, on one’s feet.
- Visual Requirements: Extensive computer use.
- Hearing Requirements: Phone use and conversation in loud environments
Pay Type: Hourly Rate
Job Status: Part Time Contractor (18-24hrs/week - availability Monday - Saturday)
Minimum Salary/Hourly Rate: $15.00
Maximum Salary/Hourly Rate: $20.00
Interested? Please email Marilyn with your resume and any questions here.